Monday, December 24, 2012

Elf on the Shelf

So a few days into December I came home from work, went upstairs to my bedroom to change into my PJs for the night and felt like I was being watched. I looked all around for the prying eyes burning a hole through me and spotted this little guy:


He was literally an elf on my shelf. (And thankfully not that creepy trademarked Elf on the Shelf...) Growing up we had an elf that sat on top of our grandfather clock in the entry way - but he didn't move around and have night time adventures like today's EOTS. I think it's a fun tradition to have though, and I've enjoyed the blogs I've read about that person's elf's adventures.

I expressed my amusement at having an elf on MY shelf to my mother and said I sure hope he enjoyed his stay and exploring different parts of my room. HINT. HINT.

Well...it took *ahem* Elfie a few days to get his act together and play the game correctly, but once he did I found him in some fun spots:


My favorite one? Elfie spent quite a bit of time going through ALL my earrings and various "bling," so I didn't notice at first when he moved on to meet Clay. Last weekend I was laying on my bed catching up on TV shows via Hulu, and I heard something fall between my bed and the wall - with the faintest chime of a jingle bell. It startled me and I had ZERO clue what that sound might have been. I bounced around on my bed a few times, trying to recreate the sound to no avail. I shrugged it off.

My mother informed me a few days later she had to rescue Elfie when she heard his cries from being trapped. Poor Elfie...

Proof that even at 28.7 years old, Christmas can still be a little magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment