While everyone else is nabbing electronics, clothes and more on Black Friday...I'm scouring websites looking for the best deals on movies and TV seasons on DVD. I might not get the instant gratification of shopping in person, but it beats the crowds or missing out on the one thing I really wanted. All my stuff came in the mail last this week (fast shipping!). Here are this year's scores:
True Blood, S4: If they add one more magical entity I might scream, but I adore the swampy, Gothic aesthetic of the setting. It's what kept me coming back in the beginning and keeps me coming back now. Even with that crazy were-panther story line...
Supernatural, S7: It probably should have ended two seasons ago when Kripke intended but...on we go. Gotta love the creepy Leviathan mouths on the cover...
Firefly: My friends have converted me. I am a Nathan Fillion devotee. Looking forward to finally watching all of Firefly.
Red Riding Hood: Read the book last fall, and I've been meaning to see the movie. $4 for Amanda Seyfried AND Gary Oldman? Yes, please.
Breaking Dawn, Part I: Gotta round out the collection...that's all I have to say for myself.
The Hunger Games: Cause I volunteer as tribute.
What was your best Black Friday find?

No comments:
Post a Comment