Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas time is here...

A little look at my revamped holiday decor for this year:

 My own mini-Christmas tree. And I thought a
string of 100 lights was going to be too much...

  If you follow me on Instagram, you've seen my Scrappy Christmas garland
I found on Pinterest. I used LED lights instead of incandescent since they're cool
to the touch. Since I didn't have ribbon scraps lying around, I used a bunch of red
and green fabric scraps my mom gave me and mixed in some hot pink and 
lime green tulle to match the color scheme of my pennants I found online. I took
about four hours to tie everything on (and that was with my mom cutting fabric
strips for me), but well worth the time investment. I love it - and want to make
another one for Halloween! (Shocker, right?) I think next time I'll use all fabric.
Scrappy Garland close-up.

I posted this last week. Pinterest has made me fall in love with pennants.
Here's where I found these (for free!). The file includes some additional
printables too - like a party invite and place cards.

Here's the one I made with the Christmas trees. I like
throwing in the less conventional shapes to mix it up! 

Even made my bathroom festive. (I really just
like any excuse to decorate with lights...) 

No comments:

Post a Comment