Thursday, August 11, 2011

Things I Love Thursday


I remember a time when I used to be blog every day. It was a necessary part of my to-do list, just like eating, brushing my teeth or sleeping for 10 hours. Oh college, some days I miss you...

Things I Love Thursday

  • Reading. More specifically, reading about social media. I ordered "Socialnomics" by Erik Equalman from Amazon a few weeks ago. This is one of the few books that's held my attention this summer. It's all about how social media has integrated into our businesses and lives. Very interesting stuff. It's making me want a social media job. I also got "The Facebook Effect" and the Social Media Bible, which is more of a resource guide.
  • Spotify. I finally scored an invite last week and downloaded Spotify on my work computer. It is the greatest thing ever to be able to search more music and instantly listen to any album. Today, I spent all morning listening to Miranda Lambert (yes, really) and all afternoon listening to MUTEMATH. So fantastic.
  • You Me and the Boatman. Go listen & download it here. This is Quiet Company's new song, and I feel like I've listened to it about 1,000 times already. One of the blogs that posted it described it as a "dancing around in your underwear, singing into your hairbrush" song and I could not agree more. So excited for their CD release shindig at the end of September.
  • Oklahoma. I'm going to visit the girls in the City Labor Day weekend. Bought my plane ticket last night. Looking forward to some Big Truck Tacos, SaraSara Cupcakes, Marshall beer & sweet potato fries at McNellie's - oh, and seeing my friends. ;)
  • My friends. I love that I have people I can call up on a weeknight and go to dinner with. I also love that our big nights out consist of drinking margaritas and then wandering around suburban box stores for entertainment. (This week's shopping scored me good earrings and a pretty necklace.)
  • Friday Night Lights. I always knew from the buzz I would love this show. It's so beautifully scripted. We just started season 2 this week. It makes me love football for the sense of community it provides. It makes me wish I would have grown up in a smaller town - football is important here, but it isn't life like in Dillon. Also, I may have a huge crush on Tim Riggins. *sigh*
  • Fall. I am so desperate for this 100-degree streak to end and for fall to truly start. Football, coffee, cute boots and scarves, craft shows, crisp cool evenings, writing in journals, Halloween. It truly is my favorite season.

No comments:

Post a Comment