Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What's up Wednesday

weheartit.com
It seems like every blogger in the world makes up some silly weekly blog thing, so here's mine: What's up Wednesday. Why? Because this is all I have time for, and despite not writing for nearly a week, I'm still trying to keep up with writing daily. So here's what's been up in the last week:

  • I gave up on the "swim" prompts from NaBloPoMo because they digressed into stupid "who would you want to eat lunch with?" type questions...BOR-ING.
  • I practically had a meltdown Saturday evening at a show. It was like every last word Andrew McMahon was singing was a sword cutting through my heart, and it was all I could do not to be reduced to tears by it. Thank god for Katie. She not only knows why, but I'm sure she knows exactly which lines and she made it better with side-hugs and dancing. I'm so thankful for the friends I have who speak music too.
  • I've now seen Harry Potter three times, and it just gets better each time. This final movie is absolutely perfect.
  • Today I went to a Facebook marketing seminar for work. About a third of it was things I already knew, but it was a nice break from the office and I got some good information out of it. I love print media so much - I felt lost without it - but I think I could go into a social media position and enjoy it just as much. Perhaps I'm more of a people person than I think.
  • My mother has been in Wisconsin for nearly a month. I kind of really miss her. But I also don't hate the bachelor lifestyle with my dad.
  • I finally started watching season 5 of "30 Rock." My transition to Liz Lemon became official when she announced "And I didn't pack all grey underwear!" regarding her trip with her boyfriend. Overshare? Oh well. When you share undergarment habits with LL, there really is no hope for you.
  • I've been reading "Valley of the Dolls," and I'm sort of struggling to finish it. When I'm reading it, I love it. I don't want to put it down. But once I do put it down, I find it hard to convince myself to pick it back up and read. Perhaps a switch to a nonfiction book after this is due. Either "Columbine" by Dave Cullen or "Dead Certain" by Robert Draper.
And that's what's up.

No comments:

Post a Comment