Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Veronica Mars is going to be a movie - YAY!

The days keep flying by and I find myself thinking "Oh, I should blog about that." And then I never do. Between work, after-hours meetings and keeping up with The Good Groupie on a regular basis, there's not much time left in my days lately for leisure blogging. (Is that what this is?) 

But I wanted to make time for this. Last week, Rob Thomas announced a Kickstarter campaign to make a Veronica Mars movie. I was beyond thrilled and quickly donated my $50 to the project, which will get me a copy of the shooting script, T-shirt, early download and a copy of the movie with exclusive extras. (I only wish I had $750 lying around to throw at the Austin premiere party level...) 

The project hit its $2 million mark in less than 24 hours - and is almost to $4 million just one week in. I love things like Kickstarter and Pledge Music, and I donate to projects whenever I can. It's really cool what just a few bucks from a lot of people can do when it comes to art.

If you're a fellow Marshmallow, I hope you'll check it out and donate too if you haven't already. The deadline is Friday, April 12 - yeah, they hit their goal and the movie has been given the green light...but every extra dollar helps. Check out the video about the project here:

No comments:

Post a Comment