Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Phoneless in Houston

Sometimes I'm kinda spacey about easy things. I forget to call or text people to let them know I got from point A to point B. I forget to water plants or take out the recycling bin. I forget basic things at home, like my planner or putting on the ring I wear every day, and I feel lost the entire day without it.

Today I was taking my time getting ready for work since I had to stay an extra three hours, so I wasn't sticking to my typical morning routine. I got dressed, gathered my things, grabbed the paper, fed the turtles, made my lunch/dinner...

I got in the car and headed off for the day. At a stoplight I went to reach for my phone to text my mom something before I forgot...and it wasn't in my purse. I dug around thinking maybe it had slid in between journals. Nope. I checked the seat. Nope.

I'd left it at home. 

And you'd think I would have been crazy and lost all day without it. But I didn't miss it one bit today. Sure, there were a few times where it felt awkward not to have it at my disposal, but it was nice not feeling tied to it. Kinda like when I've taken my social media vacations before.

Of course...coming back home to a phone loaded up with photos of Clay Matthews during pregame practice from your aunt who attended THAT GAME is pretty nice too...

No comments:

Post a Comment