Thursday, March 31, 2011

Things I Love Thursday


Two blog posts in as many days - what?! Is the world coming to an end? Nope. Just trying to be more proactive about writing on a regular basis. And that starts with this fantastic blogging idea I used to participate in: Things I Love Thursday.

For those not familiar with TILT, here's the deal. I met my friend Melanie years and year and years ago through blogging. At some point, she fell in love with Gala Darling who initiated this idea of posting about things you love on a weekly basis. I loved it because I felt like it was a great reflection on the positive things happening in your life, rather than letting all the bad stuff weigh you down.

So...here's my entrance back into TILT. Got a blog? Do it too and leave me a link in the comments!


Things I Love Thursday

  • Spring weather: while many of my fellow Houstonians will call mornings at 55 degrees winter, I'm enjoying hanging on to the last few humidity-free days.
  • Sandals: I haven't worn "real" shoes to work in almost two weeks. Well, except for the peep toe shoes Tuesday, but those are kinda like sandals, really...it's nice taking your shoes off at the end of the day and not having your feet breathe a sigh of relief that they don't have to hurt anymore. (When you wear size 11 shoes, you gotta take what you can get...and it's not always comfortable.)
  • Cupcakes: since starting "the plan" I've been dying for a cupcake. I overindulged yesterday at lunch, and while the cupcake wasn't a Sprinkles cupcake...it still did the trick.
  • Besties: I have three girls I consider my best friends for life. We've been friends since we were 10. One friend recently moved back to Houston and we've all been hanging out. It's so wonderful having everyone in the same city again.
  • Indie Book Fest this Saturday: I happened across this event by accident last year. Local book sellers, literary mags and authors gather outside a beautiful museum in midtown and sell their stock, usually at a discounted rate. It was a blast last year and I can't wait to hit it up Saturday morning! PLUS many of the lit mags take submissions/run contests...so maybe this year I'll let that motivate me to get back to creative writing and submit some things.
  • Wedding dress shopping: My brother is getting married in June, so my mom and I are on the hunt for dresses. I bought a gorgeous Greecian-inspired blue dress, but we've all been asked to wear black instead...so back to the drawing board. But I'm kind of looking forward to it.
  • Taylor Muse's cover songs: He is the lead singer of one of my favorite bands out of Austin, Quiet Company. They held a DVD release party this past Sunday for a DVD of their ACL Satellite Sets show - and Taylor played an acoustic set at the party. Bummed I missed it, but a friend posted his videos. I'm DYING over the It's Better to Spend Money/You Can't Hurry Love mash-up AND his cover of The Smith's Ask. SO. GOOD.
  • An empty inbox at work: I'm kind of a digital neat freak and get anxious when there's tons of e-mail in my inbox. It all has to be sorted away into folders so I know exactly what it's for. It's been piling up this week as I've been working on writing articles for the summer issue, and I finally got it cleaned out completely this morning. Such a great feeling!

And that's it! Back in the TILT game. What do you love this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment